Wednesday 14 January 2009

An act of... what exactly WAS that, Kate?



But whatever it was, it was an act.

Even worse: a badly acted act.

I know: I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own four eyes (my un-tinted contacts, in case you're wondering)... Or should I say, heard it?

Kate Winslet - lately a surprisingly recurrent guest of this bloggy - won two Golden Globe awards the other night.

Impressive. And well deserved, no doubt.

Well, I certainly thought so... until I heard, and then saw, her by now infamous acceptance speech at the ceremony.

Not only was it not "off the cuff", as she purported it to be - it was the worst case of cringeworthy "ham", of shrill histrionics I've EVER seen, at least from such a prestigious performer.
(OK, maybe the second worst, closely following Laurence Olivier's hair-rising impersonation of Zeus with a bad headache during a famous WW II moral-boosting stage appearance. I'll post a link to a video of it, if I find one.)

I'll analyse it for you, frame by frame, expression by expression, tone by tone, if need be.
Gladly!

Just not today.
I have a really bad headache right now - and I am not even Zeus...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

TELL ME!