Thursday 18 February 2010

Looking for love online? Don't smile!



If you're a man, that is.
And don't look into the camera.


For women, the advice is: don't post pictures of yourself showcasing your physical "assets" (or the lack thereof, I'd imagine). Instead post photos that show you engaging in some "fun" activity, such as "vacationing in Brazil or strumming a guitar".


I don't like to smile at a camera; I don't like looking into a camera - in fact, I don't even like being anywhere near a camera... I also don't strum guitars; I don't even like guitars, unless they are in the hands of the likes of Paco de Lucia and such. And while on vacation, I do not take photos of myself (or any photos at all, for that matter).


Then again, I am not looking for "love" or romance, either online or offline, so - who cares?
But if you are, you might profit from this recent article from the New York Times:




Oh, and don't use terms like "beautiful" or "cutie" (duh - I could have told you that one!). Use "cool" (ugh) or "fascinating" instead.


It's not psychology, say the authors of the website who came up with these findings. It's math.
(You see, it is useful in daily life, after all!)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

TELL ME!