Tuesday 21 October 2008

I am a ficus, hear me roar



OK, she is not really a ficus: in reality, she's a
Hoya, AKA wax plant (AKA waxvine).
And while she may be roaring, we're unlikely to ever hear her.
But we can read her.
And she's greener than you'll ever be.


In fact, her very name is - Green.
Midori-san: the Honourable Green One.


Ms. Green.





But there is a reason why I chose "ficus" for my oh-so-innovative title about our newest fellow blogger. Years (and years, and years) ago, I read that plants from the Ficus genus are the most sensitive among all the plants. (And plants being far more sensitive than humans, that's saying A LOT).

And I have a story or two that would corroborate that impression.


But more on them some other time.


Meanwhile, and assuming you're as unable to read Japanese as I am, you can read a book - an old classic - that might change your outlook on life:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

TELL ME!